Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Hearing your dream: More on the Dragon

Do you believe that you can hear your dreams? Do you think they reveal themselves in other ways outside of visions, feelings, daydreams? I do and lately I've been really listening to my dreams and they are gently reminding me that I've been pushing aside so many parts of myself to fulfill the needs and desires of so many others that eventually those or at least some parts of myself will just completely fall away and the notion to be creative and continually crafty will no longer be part of my essence. Hence the revamping of my blog, being more outward with my thinking and creative processes, and now.......well, I'll wait until later :o)

Being a fulltime Mama and homemaker takes a lot of energy and creativity to somehow make it all work on a day to day basis. Meals, meals to go, laundry, cleaning, playing, outside time, bringing art and creativity into the lives of our children, building a rhythm, pets, diapers, piano, reading, snuggling, just being. This list is obviously yours to augment as it pertains to your world, but in mine, this is our day to day......mostly! What you see in our blog as of late is how we live our lives, regardless or not if I'm blogging about it! It just is......thankfully that won't change, but for me, blogging about it and connecting with other folks who inspire me and share a similar vision is something I find to be so encouraging and reassuring that the life we as a family have chosen to lead is not so far fetched and off kilter.

Seeing as this is a New Year, as of January 1, 2012 and now during the celebratory time of the Chinese New Year (the glorious and energetic Year of the Dragon) we've got lots of reasons to refocus and follow our hearts with more of a generous spirit and gusto!

To honor the Dragon we held a little feast. We continued to welcome the flow of energy and revitalization by eating noodles, dumplings, and spring rolls! In case you haven't already picked up from my blog.......we love food!


The Dragon is a powerful creature; strong, energetic, firey, adaptable, resilient, fearless, independent, courageous. I've been feeling that a lot lately and have been really focusing on my son (who was born in the year of the Dragon ) and watching how he reacts to his world around him, how people influence him, how he influences people, what he has to offer, what he has to gain. I've thought a lot about what all of the characteristics of the Dragon mean and have eagely begun to apply some of them in my day to day, like this blog, for example. I've really dug deep to remain focused and excited; to give myself a visual of my life and then be courageous enough to share what I have to say and what we as a family have to offer with all of you. I've been fearless in my dreaming and allowed my inner self to have the podium to tell me what she needs and then I have adapted to figure out how to make that happen, for me, for my family.

To tie this all together, while we celebrated the other evening we realized how important it was to not wait to make your dreams a reality. There is no reason to wait......only you stand in your own way. I've been standing in my way, for whatever reason (fear mostly), and decided not any more! I realized how important it was for our children to not only know that we are there for them and will do whatever we can to give them the best possible chance in this world, but it's also so important for them to see Mom and/or Dad making their dreams come true, too. To see us succeed and fail. To watch us get excited and create. To see our smiles when our endeavors lead us to a place of fearlessness and complete contentment. WOW! Can you imagine??? By our allowing our dreams to have importance in this life with children at home we are giving our children the tools and the vision to hear and see their dreams and the courage for them to make their come true!

OK, it's later now.......

It brings me great joy to introduce you to the latest addition in the It's a Simple Life journey!

Find us at our Etsy shop:: Pure and Simple Joy


Here you will find many of the crafts we've posted and will post in the future, as well as many new items. Right now we have one item in our shop, our Celebration Crown, but hope to have many more offerings within the days and weeks ahead.

This is our wish list of what we plan to offer in the near future::
  • upcycled sweater pants for children and wool felt booties (all sizes)
  • lotions, soaps, salt/sugar scrubs, lip balm, bath fizzies
  • our special blend of teas
  • our homemade hot chocolate mix and homemade marshmallows
  • essential oil synergy blends, sleepytime pillows and belly pillows, eye pillows
  • truffles, and our favorite mixes for cookies and muffins
Our philosophy is to use pure and simple ingredients and/or organic and local ingredients whenever possible, to use minimal and recycled packaging, to create items that bring joy and wonderment to the receiver. Everything will have a life force that can be felt. The truffles will feel good because the chocolate is fairtrade. The aromatherapy products will contain oils and extracts that have gained the energy of the sun and the moon, the herbs will have been grown either in my garden or another local organic garden, and the sweaters will have been lovingly worn and then given a second life as clothes for wee ones.

All of these items are creations I have been working on and perfecting for a long time. It brings me so much joy to offer all that I can to you! Thank you to all of you for your continued support as we hear all the dreams that wish to come true xoxo

Now.......tell me some of your dreams and how you might hear them to make them a reality in your life!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...